Sunday, October 24, 2010

4 months until Showtime

I've decided that it would be an excellent idea to start this little blog to keep track of my AT thruhike, because I'm going to want to look back and remember all of the fun times, and of course to share the experience with friends and family.

A little about me and my trip: I'm about to graduate from Virginia Tech in December, save money for a while, and start hiking around the beginning or March 2011. I'll start at Springer Mountain in Georgia and hike all the way north to Mt. Katahdin in Baxter State Park, Maine. I plan for the hike to take about 4.5 to 5 months, depending on how quickly I hike and how many zero days I take.

I'm excited.

I don't have a trail name yet, but I have a few I'm considering, OR I may just wait until I hit the trail and let someone name me. We'll see. If you have any suggestions for a trail name, let me know.

I'll keep updating on my pre-hike preparations and such as March approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment