Monday, November 22, 2010

COUNTDOWN!

MARCH 7TH, 2011

Is the day that I will start my 2200 mile journey. I figure this is late enough in the year for me to save a little money, and also early enough that I'll finish the trail in the desired time frame.

105 DAYS. Ugh... it sounds way too far away. I may just get frustrated and leave earlier.

I haven't decided how I'm going to get there yet. I looked into just taking the Amtrak into atlanta and getting a shuttle from there to Amicola, but the train ticket alone is going to cost me around a hundred bucks, AND it would take 10 hours to get there. Riding in a car would be around 6 and a half hours, and gas would only run me 60-70 dollars, but I would have to find someone willing to bus me around for a day. Hopefully I may be able to hitchhike with some southbound hikers and save a little gas money. We'll see.

So I've recently gone shopping for gear, and I think I'm just about done with all of my major purchases.. All I really have left to get is good footwear and then I want to get like a silk bagliner to help me keep warm in the winter.

Christmas List:
Trail runners, size 11
silk bag liner
waterproof pack cover
gaiters
spork
lightweight trowel
rain pants
SPOT gps (maybe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment