Monday, February 21, 2011

Updated Gear List

New purchases! I've been trying to update everything to more efficient and convenient gear while dropping weight... I think now I'll end up hovering around 30 pounds, which is about where I want to be..


Backpack: Osprey Atmos 50 in apple green. :) I tried one on at the outfitter and I LOVED IT.. but not the price tag.. So I went online and found it for about 50 dollars cheaper than retail. It's SO confortable, and almost 3 pounds lighter than my REI pack. All in all, a good purchase.

I got a lighter, larger cooking pot from Jason that I'm switching out with my 1L MSR. I think it'll be better.

I'm also considering not taking my camp stove, simply because I don't mind eating cold meals and because I don't want to have to be buying canisters all the time. We'll see how much my pack weighs with and without it.

I got a collapsible spork. It's pretty neat.

I ditched my old cracked nalgene and got a nice 40 oz stainless steel bottle that I can stick straight in the fire so I don't have to waste fuel.. plus it's free.

I broke the mirror part off of my compact brush so now it's lighter.

Got a nice small leather journal.

Made a duct tape wallet for all my cards, cash, etc.

Added a tube of superglue for repairs, etc.


For my sock situation, I'm going with 3 pairs of sock liners and 3 pairs of nice socks to change out, one of them being a camp pair.

Exactly 2 weeks before take-off! Freak out!

No comments:

Post a Comment