Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Checking In!

The real Moonshine here, checking in from the basement of the NOC outpost in Gatlinburg, TN. Hitched in last night out of the rain. It's a beautiful day here, but it's supposed to be awful weather again tomorrow.

The hiking between here and Franklin has been alright, except for the bulk of the smokies. No views and no bears yet, but I'm only halfway through. It's been like walking through a big wet cloud.

Sorry this blog entry sounds kind of scattered. I always forget what to write about. I have a lot of great pictures that I'll hopefully be able to post in a couple days.

Yesterday I broke 200 miles! Yeehaw.
Now I'm taking a well-earned zero day. This morning I startled the Shoney's staff by eating an inhuman amount of breakfast food. Tons of entertainment all around! I'm looking forward to a visit from Dan shortly, who is driving all the way in from Blacksburg to visit me.

Life on (and off) the AT is good.

Moonshine.

1 comment:

  1. it's always nice when someone drives a long way just to visit. =D that's awesome.

    what've the highs/lows been like so far? have you had any snow?

    enjoy your zero! =)

    ReplyDelete